In 1843 many folk left the Church of Scotland to form the Free Church and they built new churches in the towns and villages throughout the land. In 1900 most of the Free Church and almost all of the United Presbyterian Church joined together to become the United Free Church. Those in the Free Church who did not join were entitled to keep their buildings so a new church was eventually built in Ardgay in 1908
In 1929 the United Free Church rejoined the Church of Scotland. For about 30 years there were two churches in Ardgay, Kincardine East and Kincardine West each with a minister. In 1947 they were united with the church at Croick (which had been vacant since 1937). Until 1955 worship was held alternately in the two Kincardine buildings then the east church closed and worship continued only in the west church (the former UFC).
On 16th July 2009 Kincardine, Croick and Edderton was linked with Creich linked with Rosehall so now one Minister will serve all the Church of Scotland churches on both sides of the Kyle of Sutherland.
Go direct to the parishes’ main pages
In 1976 Edderton Church was united with Kincardine & Croick.